Terms of Service
The following ‘Terms of Service’ apply to all “Business in Japan” websites and sub-domains.
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy statement govern “Business in Japan’s” relationship with you in relation to this website.
– The content of the pages of this website is for your general information use only. It is subject to change without notice.
– Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
– Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
– This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
– All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
– Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
– From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
– Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Japan.
The above terms and Conditions apply to all websites managed and published by “Business in Japan”.
“Business in Japan” reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend the ‘Terms of Service’ from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The above ‘Terms of Service’ are effective from January 16th 2016.
This Moderation Policy covers policy for online discussions at Business in Japan.
Our public forums include many differing opinions and experiences (including but not limited BLOG and Q&A). You are certain to find opinions that you disagree with and some that you may find offensive. Our aim at all times is to provide a place where the maximum discussion can take place, even if it offends some people.
We try to be as fair as we can when moderating but in a large community of users, with many different viewpoints, there will always be some people that will not be happy with our moderation policies. While we regret that this happens, please realize that we cannot suit all of the people all of the time and have to make decisions based on what is best for the forum overall.
Who sets this policy?
This policy is a collaborative document set by Business in Japan management and IT teams in consultation with moderators and users. No single moderator or administrator is wholly responsible for this policy.
Business in Japan Stance
Business in Japan (BiJ) is neutral politically. We do not favor one political viewpoint over another. We allow both positive and negative opinion about any subject. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Business in Japan, its staff or owners.
How to Report Abuse
Please send a PM or email to a Moderator or Administrator. A member can also create a ticket. (Forum only)
If you feel you have been defamed or libeled in the forum, your first step should be to contact the editor here to have the offending post removed.
What to do if your post is edit or deleted:
- If your post is deleted, you will be sent an email from a Moderator or Administrator. However, there are times when your post will be edited to remove off-topic or offensive sections at the discretion of the moderators. In such cases, readers will not be notified.
- If you have an issue with a moderator’s decision then please PM an Administrator (Forum only).
You should not:
- Post the same message again as it will be deleted.
- Taunt the Moderator or Administrator that moderated your post.
- Taunt any member who reported you.
- Discuss moderation decisions on the forum.
- On the Q&A and Blog discussion board, the moderators’ decision is final.
- Advertising is not allowed in posts, signatures, homepage links, or Private Messages.
- Commercial messages in PMs are strictly forbidden. Sending multiple PMs with commercial
Any member spamming through email or PMs will result in a ban and the account being deleted.
- Personal Insults:
Do not post insults or offensive terms on the forum, or send insults via email. To do so will result in a warning. If it continues, it could result in your post being edited / deleted, or your account being banned.
- Banned Words:
Some banned words are racist in nature and the others unacceptable expletives.
- Racial Slurs:
We do not allow racial slurs. They will be edited from posts or the post could be deleted. A permanent ban will be considered for repeat offenders.
- Off Topic Posts/Thread Jacking:
Please stay on topic in the thread you are posting on. Some straying can be expected. In such cases, members will be requested to get back on topic. If off topic posting or thread jacking continues, then the post will be edited, deleted or the member banned.
- Do not feed the trolls — ignore them.
- Send a PM to a Moderator or Administrator (forum only). If a member is trolling, a PM will be sent to the member. If it continues, then post moderation or a ban will be considered.
- Harassment, Threat, Stalking:
Harassment, threats, or stalking of members in posts on the forum, via email or PMs will result in an immediate termination of your account.
- Attacks Against BiJ, Moderators or Administrators:
An attack against the forum will result in an immediate termination of your account. Taunting/attacking a Moderator or Administrator may result in a permanent ban.
- Hit and Run Posts:
“Hit and Run” posts will be deleted. If the member continues, further action will be taken.
- Links to Adult or Offensive Content:
Links to pornographic sites will be prohibited. Links to sites which incite illegal behavior, violence, sex with humans/animals, beheadings, etc are not allowed
- Venting about Previous Employers:
The BiJ forums are not for members to seek revenge on previous employers. Doing so may result in a ban. We will edit or delete any post that is an attack on corporations and individuals in those corporations. You are free to discuss past experiences with employers that meet the “purpose” of exchanging ideas and/or information, as long as names, addresses, and other personal information are not posted.
- Revealing User Identities or BiJ Staff Names:
Posting private information about another poster (including a poster’s name or place of work) or referring to BiJ staff by name is strictly forbidden and may result in a ban.
- Inappropriate User ID’s:
Offensive User IDs will not be allowed. Email addresses will not be allowed as a User ID. The words BiJ, Business in Japan or close derivative may not be used as part of user handles. Inappropriate User IDs will result in the member receiving a new ID until he/she can choose another one. Moderator/Administrators IDs are not to be used as part of another ID.
Sign-offs will not be allowed on the forums.
- Quoting External Articles:
Please post a single paragraph and a link to the article. Posting of a full article will result in the post being edited to size.
- Email/Private Message Excepts:
For copyright and privacy issues, email and private message excerpts are not allowed in posts or sign-offs. Posting an excerpt may result in the post being edited or deleted.
- Post in the Correct Section Please:
If a post is in the wrong section or forum, we will either delete or move it to the appropriate section at our discretion.
- Graphic Images:
Please post a GRAPHIC CONTENT warning when posting images/links of a graphic nature (forum only).
- Posting Images:
The maximum pixel width is 800. The maximum pixel length is 1,100. Any images over that size must be made into a link. No more than 3 images per post, to include any images a member places in quote boxes. Three images per post only. Any more than that will become links and if a member continues to post more than 3 images per post, a member will be placed on post moderation. The following rules apply to photos, illustrations, avatars, anime and mannequin’s:
Images not Allowed
- Pornographic images and links – not allowed.
- Underage images of a sexual or suggestive nature – not allowed.
- Nipples visible on women – not allowed, not even a little bit of nipple showing
- Nipples through see-through clothing – not allowed
- Pubic Hair/genitals showing – not allowed
- Underage photos – not allowed
- National Geographic Pics of naked women – acceptable
- Nipples standing up under non-see through clothing – acceptable
- Shirtless men – acceptable
- Nude painting – acceptable
- Unreadable/Illegible Posts:
These are English forums. If you include foreign language text or similar link, then please provide an English translation. If no English translation is in the post, then the post will be edited or deleted until the translation is provided. The English should be understandable.
- No All Caps Posting:
Messages posted in all caps (upper case) is considered shouting and is hard to read. It may result in content being edited or deleted.
- Quoted Posts/One Line Messages:
Please do not quote long posts (including posts with photos) and add only a one line message underneath.
- Leaving the Forum
If you decide to leave the forum, we will not delete your old posts as it makes the discussions difficult to follow for the remaining readers.
We cannot guarantee that we will moderate any post or topic immediately. There may be some time delays.
- The Final Word:
The Administrator’s decision is final on the forum and the Moderator’s decision is final on the forums…
- You have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy, appropriateness and quality of and copyright permissions for the information posted or available for resale.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you grant to BiJ a non-exclusive license to use, copy, store, transmit and display your Data to the extent reasonably necessary to provide and maintain the Service.
- BiJ will not use your Data for any purpose other than to provide the Service to you and for statistical reporting purposes. BiJ may aggregate anonymous statistical data regarding use and functioning of its system by its various Users. Such aggregated statistical data will be the sole property of BiJ.
BiJ will use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Data against unauthorized disclosure or use. BiJ’s security policies in effect from time to time can be accessed on BiJ’s web site.
- In the event of any loss or damage to your Data, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be for BiJ to use reasonable commercial endeavors to restore the lost or damaged Data and it is strongly recommended that you keep backups of any data of your own. BiJ shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Data caused by any third party.
- You and BiJ are aware that concluding and fulfilling this Agreement can lead to processing of personal data of the Parties. The Parties agree that such data can be used only to execute this Agreement and for this purpose may also be made known to third parties, such as manufacturers, suppliers and owners of trademark rights in Japan or abroad. In such cases the Parties whose data has been shared will ensure that data privacy is guaranteed through suitable organizational, technical and contractual precautions.
- Both Parties mutually obligate themselves and their employees to maintain the confidentiality of all documents and information not generally known related to the business sphere or the data of third parties and which become accessible through the preparation and implementation of this Agreement. This obligation remains in force even after 10 years after the termination of the contractual relationship.
- BiJ undertakes that the Service will be performed substantially in accordance with the Documentation and with reasonable skill and care.
- You agree that BiJ does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that the Services, Documentation and BiJ Content or the information will meet your requirements.
- You agree that BiJ is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communication networks, internet and facilities. You acknowledge that the Service, BiJ Content and/or Documentation may be subject to delays, limitations and other interruptions in the use of such network and communications facilities.
- BiJ has a right to make similar agreements with third parties, or develop, use or license documentation, products and services that are similar to those provided under this agreement.
- You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless BiJ (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs, including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services, BiJ Content and/or Documentation or a third party alleging that the Data or other data or information supplied by you infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party or has caused harm to a third party.
- You are given sole authority to defend or settle the claim. BiJ may provide reasonable cooperation to you in the defense and settlement of such claim, at your expense.
- You will defend, indemnify, and hold BiJ (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) harmless from any expense or cost arising from any third party subpoena or compulsory legal order or process that seeks your Data and/or other related information or data, including, without limitation, prompt payment to BiJ of all costs (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by BiJ as a result. In case of such subpoena or compulsory legal order or process, you also agree to pay BiJ for its staff time in responding to such third party subpoena or compulsory legal order or process at BiJ’s then applicable hourly rates.
- BiJ shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless you (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs, including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees, arising out of or in connection with a third party alleging that BiJ’s act was infringement of any intellectual property rights by the Service or BiJ Content (other than that due to your Data). In case of such a claim, BiJ may, in its discretion, obtain a license that will protect you against such claim without cost to you, replace the Service with a non-infringing Service, or if it deems such remedies not practicable, BiJ may terminate the Service and this Agreement without fault, provided that in case of such a termination, you will receive a pro-rata refund of the of any fees prepaid for use of the Service not yet furnished as of the termination date.
- In case of any claim that is subject to indemnification under this Agreement, the party that is indemnified will provide the indemnifying party reasonably prompt notice of the relevant claim and defend and/or settle, at its own expense, any demand, action, or suit on any claim subject to indemnification under this Agreement.